Aside from adding comfort to the home, carpet serves multiple purposes such as improving the air quality within the home and keeping allergies at a minimum. Other benefits include easy maintenance levels and being able to save on energy bills; as carpet acts as a contributor to the insulation of the home. When determining which carpet will be best, it is important to visit a carpet store in Evanston.
Types of Carpet
There are four main types of carpet offered for home settings.
- Berber carpet. Also known as loop carpet, Berber carpet provides maximum durability for those who have a high amount of foot traffic in the home.
- Pattern carpet. Known as cut and loop or sculpted carpet. Pattern carpet emphasizes patterns, making it visually appealing.
- Frieze carpet. Frieze carpet may be referred to as twist carpet. It provides a modern look with high durability.
- Texture carpet. Texture carpet provides a smooth surface and is suitable for high traffic areas such as hallways.
Tips for Purchasing Carpet
Choosing which carpet is best for the home may feel overwhelming for some. It is important to check the performance characteristics to ensure that the style in question will stand up to the expectations given. To assist with the buying process, follow the few tips listed below.
- Stain protection. Be sure to find a carpet that offers stain protection, soil protection, and static guard. These forms of protection keep the carpet looking bright and new.
- Professional Install. It is important to ask the carpet store in Evanston whether they have a professional come and install the carpet or if they can offer a recommendation of a reputable company who can.
- Carpet pad. Look at all of the different varieties of carpets available as well as the carpet pads. The carpet pads are important for the carpet to keep its shape and comfort.
- Budget. Good-quality carpets do not need to cost a fortune. Be sure to shop around at different carpet dealers to find the best carpet that fits the intended lifestyle and budget. It is important to request separate pricing for materials and installation so they may be easily compared to other locations.
Carpeting can keep a home’s flooring comfortable and warm. It is also affordable and appealing. Be sure to research the different styles offered to ensure the right one is chosen for your home. For more information on purchasing carpet, visit the website.