Everyone who owns property needs to leave behind a will so their loved ones will know how they want their assets distributed. It is essential individuals do not wait until they are older to set up a will, especially if they are married and have children. Without a will, a deceased person’s assets will be divided according to what the state deems as appropriate. Those who want to properly plan and draw up their will are urged to seek help from the Wills Lawyer Nassau County NY.
How to Get Started
To get started on the process, an individual needs to make sure they are prepared for their meeting with the Wills Lawyer Nassau County NY. The items the individual will need to bring include the following.
- Names, birthdates, and contact information for all individuals who will be named in the will
- Information on all immediate family members
- Information on all assets, including banking and retirement accounts
- Life insurance policy information
- Information on any real estate owned by the individual
- Information on all tangible property owned by the individual
- Information on all businesses owned by the individual
Bringing these items to the appointment will allow the lawyer to have the necessary information for helping their client through the will planning process and drawing up the actual will documents.
Benefits of Having a Will
There are many benefits to having a will drawn up. These documents give individuals great peace of mind and allow them to rest assured their final wishes will be carried out according to the will document.
- A will establishes guardianship for minor children
- The will can be amended at any time
- The will names someone to handle the affairs of the individual if they die or become disabled
Individuals who want to make sure their will is properly planned, drawn up and binding would be wise to seek help from a lawyer. A lawyer will help their client through each step in the process of will planning so the documents can be properly prepared and filed. If you are interested in getting help from the lawyer, contact The Law Offices of Peter Morra right away.