A spinal cord injury is one of the most traumatic injuries a person can ever suffer. Accident injury lawyers in Dayton, OH handle dozens of these cases each year, and they’ll ensure that clients are fairly compensated for their injuries and losses. Read on to learn more about spinal cord injuries and their causes.
Common Spinal Injury Causes
A debilitating injury is a serious matter, and most arise for the following reasons:
- Auto accidents: They’re part of everyday life on America’s roadways, and they are responsible for over half of all severe spinal injuries. If a car accident causes such an injury, seek legal advice.
- Falls: Accidental falls are another common cause of spinal cord injuries. Though they are not always due to another person’s negligence, it does sometimes happen.
- Medical accidents: In some instances, medical procedures leave victims paralyzed due to spinal cord damage.
No matter the cause of a spinal cord injury, accident injury lawyers in Dayton, OH will work with victims to help them get the compensation they deserve.
If a person suffers a spinal cord injury, they may be able to receive compensation for their losses. Here are some of the most common damages given in these cases.
- Medical expenses: Treatments and procedures following spinal cord injuries are costly. If the injury occurred because of someone else’s negligence, a victim might receive compensation for their medical bills.
- Future care: As severe as spinal cord injuries are, the costs don’t end with preliminary treatment. Most victims need further medical treatment and rehabilitation, and an attorney may be able to help them get the funding to pay for those treatments.
- Lost wages and earning potential: Spinal cord injuries are life-altering, and a victim may lose their ability to make a living. An attorney will help them seek compensation for the diminishment in earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: A victim may be able to receive damages for the pain and suffering they’ve endured because of an injury.
Call an Attorney Today
When another person’s negligence causes a severe spinal injury, the victim should receive compensation for their medical bills and lost quality of life. Contact us online or call the office today to request a no-obligation consultation.