Many Naperville, IL residents eat healthily and work out, which may not be enough to give them a slimmer, more toned midsection. If you’ve found that traditional healthy diets and exercise aren’t enough, liposuction can help you remove the extra fat and skin from your body. It is usually performed on the stomach area, but can also be used on the arms, buttocks, and thighs, as well. Before deciding to have this elective procedure, it can be helpful to learn the steps your surgeon will take.
The Steps Involved
Naperville, IL residents who are skeptical or worried, may find it helpful to learn what the procedure entails. Liposuction starts with being given antibiotics 60 minutes before the procedure. Other steps include:
* Marking the body areas to be treated
* Sterile solution being applied to the areas to reduce infection risks and stem blood loss
* General/local anesthesia is given to avoid pain
* Incisions are made near the fat deposits, many times inconspicuous and small
* Tubing is inserted into your body to remove fat
* IV fluid lines are also inserted to keep fluids stable during the procedure
* Fat is removed from the body, and the fluid is drained.
Now that you know a little more about the procedure, it can be helpful to go further in-depth. The tubing used may vary based on your needs and the surgery center, and they are inserted into the incisions. However, there are multiple techniques available, and your surgeon will choose the one that best fits your needs. For example, suction-assisted procedures move the tube around to loosen fat so that it can be drawn out with suction.
Liposuction is an excellent, minimally invasive technique to remove excess fat from particular areas of the body. Visit the Center for Cosmetic & Laser Surgery in Naperville, IL at https://cclscosmetic.com/body/liposuction/ to request a consultation.